Saturday 15 February 2014

Expanding the pasture


Well the rain did come down. Nice soaking rain on Thursday night and during the day on Friday. I was out of town in East London, but went straight for the airport last night, just to go and see that the water troughs were full and that everything is in order.

I been putting some effort into planning my next steps with the pasture. This is my thinking right now:

Step 1 - move the temporary field fence (the red line)


Step 2 - Set up perimeter electric fence (white line)



Step 3 - 15 different strips can then be created using temporary electric fence.



Step 4 - Set up water lines



With the pasture set up in this way, I would be able to graze each strip for two days in order to give 28 days rest before it is re grazed. I can observe this arrangement ot see if it delivers enough nourishment for the cattle.